The Fifth Chakra is called the Vishuddi Chakra. Vishuddi means ‘to purify’. This refers to the importance of clear communication, being aware of what we are expressing and how we are expressing it, and controlling what we say. This chakra is situated at the base of neck, close to the larynx. It is coloured blue, the colour of the sky, through which messages wing back and forth. Physically it relates to the voice, which is a powerful way we connect with others and the world around us.
THE FIFTH CHAKRA CONCERNS
- Communication and self-expression
- Direct speaking
- Sound and vibration
SIGNS THAT YOUR FIFTH CHAKRA NEEDS CLEARING.
If you find it hard to say what you mean, to communicate clearly and be heard, then your Throat Chakra may need attention. Do you often find yourself saying what’s expected of you, indulging in gossip, meaningless chatter, empty ‘correctness’ etc? When your Throat Chakra isn’t functioning well then you may feel isolated amid the noise, alone in a crowd and cut off. You may yearn to express yourself and let your creativity flow, yet something is blocking it. Physically, you may have throat problems, sore throat, hoarseness or maybe a ‘lump-in-the-throat’ sensation, as if you need a good cry. Sometimes a good sob or yell can help self-expression to flow. Truly this chakra is about higher states of awareness, but this starts with an acceptance of yourself and the ability to voice your feelings truthfully to yourself. You may then choose whether or not to share them.
DAMAGE TO YOUR FIFTH CHAKRA
In our Western culture the Media have great power over our thoughts, opinions and reactions. With the advent of the Internet we are bombarded with information and news – far more than we ever need or can make use of. So often what we hear is destructive. Reputations are ruined in a moment with the wrong tweet. News is all too often bad news. Celebrities mouth platitudes and are worshipped for this. Sound is used for pure entertainment, with no awareness of the fact that it is a vibration, and vibrations create change. Everywhere there is noise, from the sounds of car engines to pop music blaring so it is hard to hear yourself think. It can be almost impossible to hear the inner voice of your being. In stillness this chakra can be awakened, so you can ‘hear’ what really matters – your own intuition.
STRENGTHENING YOUR FIFTH CHAKRA
The Root Chakra is connected to the Element of Earth, the Second Chakra is Water, the Third Chakra is Fire, the Fourth Chakra is Air and the Fifth Chakra is akasa, or ‘spirit’. This means that with this chakra we have come a long way from basic survival and are connecting with abstract realms. To strengthen your Vishuddi Chakra try the following:
- Listen to music and be aware how this uplifts you and alters you emotionally
- Go around your dwelling with a singing bowl, becoming aware how the vibrations in the rooms are altered
- Lift your voice in song – if you are self-conscious about this then do it alone, but if not, join a choir
- Learn a musical instrument, even if you can only play a little bit
- Spell out how you feel, what you think and believe clearly to yourself. Say it out loud if you like
- Think of those areas in your life where you are not expressing yourself clearly, not saying what you mean, going along with things you aren’t happy with. Are you feeling compromised? Un-genuine? Unheard? Decide where it is necessary to your self-esteem to speak up, choose your words and say them
- Focus on your creativity. Are you expressing your talents? Do you feel as if what you can do is flowing, coming through you in a way that is authentic and fulfilling? What would you like to do, creatively? What can you do to enable and empower this?
BECOME AWARE OF YOUR FIFTH CHAKRA
Opening your chakras is a significant step on your spiritual path. However, doing this takes time, so start with simply becoming aware of your Fifth Chakra. Lie down and relax. Concentrate on this chakra, imagining its celestial blue colour and then feeling it drawing energy up through your root chakra, second chakra, third and fourth chakra. Feel your throat centre empowered, this dazzling blue radiance issuing like a wake-up call, proclaiming your voice, your creativity. You may feel strengthened and uplifted, as if your voice is ringing out into the far reaches of the Cosmos. It’s as if the blocks to your self-expression have disappeared and your higher self is singing. Just continue to relax, and when you’re ready affirm that all five chakras are closing by visualising this strongly. Take a drink of water and touch your palms to the earth, to ensure the chakras are closed and you are properly grounded.
As you start to work with your chakras you may well need some expert insight and direction. You may also want someone wise to talk to about your feelings and experiences. Don’t worry – at TheCircle we have all that you could wish for in Psychic Readings and Clairvoyant Readings. Why not call us today
, to be connected to a Medium, or Psychic and to feel supported and guided.
PUBLISHED: 12 OCTOBER 2015